Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You will be part of a team that is responsible for building high performing teams by shaping a strong culture and helping managers hire, lead, and develop the best talents.
This is a fundamental role to us because, in order to continue scaling and offer the best service to the families that trust us, we need an enthusiastic People Person, very strategic oriented who focuses on delivering an exceptional employee experience.
The most challenging and exciting responsibilities for this role are:
Are you our Head of People and Culture?
- Lead the learning and development plan by managing external and internal training programs in order to support personal development of our talent to increase productivity and retention
- Work with our executive team to ensure that we define a compelling, authentic and live Playlearning” culture.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to create a high performing company by leading and creating Performance strategy.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of all people related issues incl. assisting and advising senior managers on complex Human Resources and Employee Relation issues
- Support the executive team in strategic workforce planning and HR forecasts.
- Lead the recruitment process and develop a strategy that will help us to source, attract and hire the best talent. Let’s build a strategy to have the best candidate experience.
- Lead a compensation strategy aligned with our performance plan. We have the best talent and we want to invest in it.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone experienced in leading a People & Culture Team, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment. This is as much a strategic as a tactical position. Day-to-day is important, so it’s a vision / plan.
The role will work together with the executive team. You need to support them (feedback, tools, frameworks, etc) as much as you need to deliver directly within your area.
We want to create an HR culture based on factual data and people analytics.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
We want a “Playlearning” culture: Friendly, joyful and a feedback culture.